Developing a new online persona to shake up a predictable market
- Help a B2B consulting company stand out in the traditional world of HR
- The final effort needed to work across all digital, and social efforts
- Developed a strategic plan for a new satirical/humor environment that highlights the ridiculousness of current management techniques
- The environment was based on a new cartoon charter/world called Pete Purpose
- The cartoon series made fun of current employee perks; highlighting issues while raising awareness
- Project also involved a custom online game show “Name that Perk”
The site allows disenfranchised employees and HR managers to sound off in a fun, comedic way; sharing silly perks and ineffective ideas from their work. The campaign stars a newly developed character “Pete Purpose”, who highlights the ineffectiveness of perks at his company. His presence is the mouthpiece of the site, as well as the star of a weekly satirical comic series on the topic.
The idea was developed to softly promote Blessing-White’s ‘Employee Purpose’ consulting business. Using humor was a first for this market, and helped the client stand out from their competitors in a very unique and memorable way.
– Created & pitched overall concept
– Developed the characters and their personas, directed illustrations
– Planned and wrote all site content
– Concept/Created online game show to increase interaction
– Created all UX and Admin functionality plans